Sunday, February 1, 2009

Breed of the Week Project #4

I am a member of an artist community named Wet Canvas. There is a forum there dedicated to horse artists, and within that forum group is a weekly project called "Breed of the Week". Each week a new breed is decided and then any artists who wish to participate have one week to complete their renderings. Its a fun and educational opportunity to branch out a little and draw breeds we don't normally draw.

I know, some people think a horse is a horse is a horse, of course. However, anyone who knows horses knows that isn't the case. An Arabian looks nothing at all like a Clydesdale, and a Thoroughbred looks nothing like a Friesen. 

So, it is with that that I wanted to display my first foray into the weekly horse breed project. I didn't discover the forum until they were already two weeks in and just didn't have time to get to the third, so here we are with my Week 4 drawing of a Percheron. Thought I'd show the work in progress (WIP) for anyone that might be interested in the process. 

This is an 8" x 10" graphite pencil drawing. 

1 comment: