Thursday, May 14, 2009

After the Lesson


I've been meaning to draw this for a while now. The photo struck me at first glance - just a young girl and her horse walking out of the paddock after a lesson. But to me, it spoke volumes about the camaraderie and connection that develops between two such creatures. It reminded me of all the times I walked out of the paddock after a lesson with my horse, Duffy - he was my best and most loyal friend in the world. We were inseparable and we were buddies.

So here is my latest drawing "After the Lesson". I will be submitting this piece to a juried art show here at the North Vancouver Community Arts Council that is right up my alley - works in graphite for the "Art of Realism" exhibition.

1 comment:

  1. You are such an amazing artist! How you use just paper, pencils, and your hands to create such fine art amazes me! I hope I can draw like you some day!

    ReplyDelete