Thursday, June 11, 2009

Art Happens



Compressed charcoal on 18" x 24" cartridge paper


This drawing was homework for this week's form and composition class. We worked with it in class, adding colour to the composition to lead the eye. Not wanting to mess with this one, I did another quick copy for the class project. This one I decided to keep as is in my portfolio as is because it was one of those drawings that "just happened". I was taking a break in another class, standing at my drafting table. Without really thinking I just grabbed a stick of soft compressed charcoal and started making marks - five or so minutes later there it was. That's one of the many things I love about art - when you're not looking, art happens. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love your work and I love that you give to a horse rescue. I am fairly new as an outsider artist and I too give a portion of proceeds to equine and other animal charities. I also give some paintings to be auctioned off to raise money. I sadly have been told that this will make my art worth less and less.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete